Wednesday, February 6, 2013

When I was in school we had to write a business plan.  My business plan went something like this:  "Be an independent interior designer, and a wedding and event planner..."  My professor said those two things didn't really work together, and that I needed to rethink that idea.

Fast forward about 8 years, and I met her daughter-in-law.  This professor is an interior design professor, an interior designer, and a wedding planner.  Interesting...  Anyways, I promise this is going somewhere :)

Well, I've been contemplating new business endeavors.  I've been working in my church, planning, organizing, and carrying out many large scale events and conferences for a few hundred people.   Granted at these events I haven't used any of my design skills.  I have had the opportunities to decorate for other activities, parties, weddings, etc...  I arrange flowers as a hobby... So, I guess what I'm saying that in the not so near future, Designs by Pyper will be starting up a new phase of business!

Spread the word!

No comments: